My Bible Study group is dong a study entitled, "One in a Million". The lesson this morning was on camping at the foot of Mt. Sinai. The idea of camping is to settle in even though this was not what the Israelites desired. They wanted to move right into the "land with milk and honey". I can identify so much with wanting a trial to end and move on to better times, BUT...this was a place where intimacy with our Lord is so rich, if we yield to God's choice for our lives.
I've been camped out for almost three years. The desire of my heart is to have harmony with those I love, to be the catalyst for my husband securing a job, even if he is 65 years old. To enjoy sunlight instead of gloom. Success instead of failure. Health instead of illness, and the list goes on, BUT...what would I learn about my Savior if all went well all the time. I'll admit, I don't like God's timing in my wilderness experience. I have been broken and saddened during this time and I know only God can bring me out. I've sobbed and cried out to my Heavenly Father for the comfort only He can give. So many friends believe this will lead to greater ministry and the ability to identify with others. BUT...what if God is only allowing this so I can be more intimate with Him. I would say it would be worth it to have that kind of relationship with God, to be totally dependent on Him for all of my needs, and perhaps some of my wants.
Today I am having sweet fellowship with my Lord. I have a deep sense of His presence and sovereignty. He knows when I need to break camp and enjoy the promised land. After all, we are only here for a little while.
No comments:
Post a Comment