Monday, January 9, 2017

Perfect Description of Depression. Can I get an Amen!!!

I read this scripture in my devotions today and had flagged it in August of 2016 to indicate exactly how I was feeling.  I am doing much better today, but I wanted to share this scripture and find out how many others have felt this way.  Please let me know if you've been there or are there.

     Ps. 116:1-8
     I love the Lord, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for        
    mercy. Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as
    long as I live.  The cords of death entangled me, the anguish of
    the grave came upon me; I was overcome by trouble and
     sorrow.  Then I called upon the name of the Lord:  "O Lord
     save me!"  The Lord is gracious and righteous; our God is
     full of compassion.  The Lord protects the simplehearted;
     when I was in great need, he saved me.  Be at rest once more
     O my soul, for the Lord has been good to you.  For you, O
     Lord, have delivered my soul from death...

Perhaps this will meet the need of someone else suffering from depression.  These verses definitely sum up where I have been and where I have found rest for me soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment