Saturday, July 19, 2014

This blog was created as an assignment from my therapist, Kim Dodd (www.cfmft.com).  Kim is walking me through some major life changes and has encouraged me to blog my journey.  We are determined to change my surviving to thriving through the power and direction of my Heavenly Father.  So I am a blank page upon which God is writing HIStory.
At 64 years of age major depression, panic disorder and fibromyalgia has crippled  my ability to  continue in a job that combined my passion with my vocation.  As part of the Care Team at Nappanee Missionary Church for the past 10 years, God allowed me to use my painful experiences to help comfort others in pain.
II Corinthians 1:3-4  “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.”
I am grieving this loss combined with other losses experienced in recent years.  Though I am not defined by what I did, it is a huge adjustment.  I am defined by my faith in Jesus Christ, my Savior and Lord and even that faith is given as a gift.  Mental illness is at best a subject to be avoided and at worst misunderstood and labeled.  Admitting I am weak and without hope aside from the sustaining power of God is in itself healing,  “… for when I am weak, then am I strong.”  I am in receiving mode with nothing to give others.  So the birth of this blog is part of the healing.  If anyone decides to “ride along”, I ask that you pray for those who are struggling with this disease.  Many hide behind a smile while silently screaming for help.  Since it is rarely detected, it could be someone you call a friend, or a pastor, or your family doctor, or your neighbor, or your child, or……you.
I will complete this assignment and see where it leads.  Healing is a lifelong journey!
Powered by Blog.com

No comments:

Post a Comment